A butterfly begins as a caterpillar in a cocoon. With time, patience and hard work it breaks free and eventually outcomes as a beautiful butterfly full of colour. The butterfly is the inspiration behind the butterfly scholarship. Girls too need mentorship, guidance, perseverance, support, and resources to nurture them in order for them to grow and develop their potential. This scholarship aims to support young girls in Malawi with the resources to help them achieve that. The scholarship will provide MK100 00 per term which is going to be shared amongst 5 girls. The money will cover school fees and stationery materials.
Below is a guideline of the criteria
- Citizen of Malawi
- Age between 10-20 years
- Average minimum of 60% percent
- CDSS/government secondary school
- Cannot afford to pay tuition fee due to unexpected financial hardship (death or serious illness of one of the parents/guardians, damage of the house, financial inability of parents/guardians to provide support ).
- Form 1-4
- Completed application letter stating why the student deserves the funds
- An Official School Report
- Letter of Recommendation from Headmaster/ Authority from a learning Institution
- A letter from guardian or parent
24th of October 2017
Submission of Documents
Send completed applications and other applications materials to firstname.lastname@example.org and copy email@example.com. You can also Contact Prudence Chavula on +265996360042
Download the application form here Butterfly Scholarships-Application-Form-2017-2018